Dental & Vision
Dental and Vision Insurance policies can keep your out-of-pocket expenses down for services related to dental and eye care.
Types of Dental Plans
- Discount Plans – Members receive some discounts on dental workIndemnity or fee-for-service plans-These allow you to pick a dental provider and your plan pays a percentage of the provider’s fee.
- Preferred Provider Organization plans (PPO) – These allow you to pay lower copays to see certain in-network or “preferred” providers.
- Health Maintenance Organization plans (HMO) – You’re required to see dental providers in the insurance network. Timing is very important. In general, adults need to see the dentist every 6 months. Your dental health policy may pay for a preventive visit every 6 months or twice per calendar year, or twice over a 12-month period. There are also time limits on certain dental services such as fillings on the same tooth, bridges, crowns, x-rays and fluoride treatments. For example, your dental plan may pay for a full series of x-rays only once every 2 years.
Types of Vision Plans
- Major Vision Plans – These plans give superior vision benefits thru a large network of providers including high-quality, independent private practitioners.
- Vision Discount Plans – When you sign up for a dental plan, some insurers may offer a vision discount plan You may also qualify for a vision discount plan from a corporate group or employer.
- Flexible Spending Accounts -Here, you are allowed to set aside a portion of your earnings (as an employee) to pay for qualified expenses, most commonly for medical expenses (which includes eye exams, glasses, and contact lenses)
Get Local Assistance At No Cost
Brady Insurance Marketing is here to help you get affordable Dental and Vision Insurance plans that fits your needs and budget. Consultation is always free.